Friday, March 8, 2013

My Cancer Story: Introduction

Good day everyone!

Well I am going to jump in and start writing about my journey with cancer. The blog writing will be more serious because I want to do the not so serious parts in my video blog. I mean, cancer is such a serious topic and it affects so many people these days, whether it be through someone they know or they themselves have been diagnosed with some form of cancer.

 However, while I was going through all this seriousness I needed to laugh! Who doesn't? The best part was feeling somewhat normal and the only way to feel that way was to be able to laugh and smile and just be as me as possible. SO, not only did I try to surround myself with people who would entertain me  (friends, family, nurses,) but I made sure that I was trying to stay as positive as I could during the difficult times. Of course that wan't always possible and I will admit that there were several/many occasions where I had to have a self pity party and ask the question so many people ask; why on EARTH did this happen to me? What did I do to have to go through something like this? Yet, I wouldn't want to change anything if I could go back in time. It is a part of my history and added to what makes me, well, ME.

Now for some info on the less seriousness of the video blog series I am currently working on. In the vlog I will be adding humor into this serious topic by sharing all the various things that I did to keep myself in good spirits and entertained. Also, I hope to bring in some of those lovely people that contributed to the "Keep Tiffany Sane" campaign. Hopefully I can get permission by these very special and completely awesome people! (fingers crossed)  Not only where these people there to help keep me sane but they also helped me get through everything. Each of them had a different role that they played and I could not have done it without their support and love.

Another reason I wish and hope to bring in guests is because, lets face it, chemo treatments wear a person out and make you feel like shit on a road; like you were chewed up, pooped out and ran over by a few mac trucks. So, since I spent a lot of time sleeping and pretty doped up on morphine there are stories that I do not really recall all that well or at all. Thus, I shall need their help so I can share the full story with everyone. Also, I want to know the full story. It is hard to move past things that just keep popping up in my mind every now and then because I start to remember parts of things that I previously did not recall and it bugs me every time and it forces me to start all over in hopes of making sense out of everything. I am hoping that knowing my story, all of my story, and working through it bit by bit will help me let go of some of those things that eat away inside of me.

I know it has helped sharing parts of my story, really condensed versions, with my friends and family who have asked me what it was like and explain some of the things that happened and whatnot and I am completely comfortable sharing my story with those who ask about it. But, I have never shared the whole story before. I have been too scared to do so, which kind of seems silly because I am mainly scared that no one is going to care. If no one cared then no one would ask about it in the first place. Plus, everyone is always interested in another's life, it is why we read celebrity gossip magazines. Also, people want to know about other (non-celeb) people's lives and they are interested in memoirs and biographies, even when it comes to the topic of cancer. It is why we have so many movies that have a storyline entwined within it, or are all about someone dealing with cancer. It is why it shows up in so many television series and books, whether it be non-fiction or fiction styled. Human nature makes people interested in other's lives.

So, starting in my next entry I will begin at the beginning and work my way through the journey of surviving cancer. Hopefully by next week I will have my first vlog finished and available so that maybe I can give you a few laughs after reading such a heavy blog post. :)

Lotza love!

No comments:

Post a Comment